Sunday, March 6, 2016

The end of A Journey... pg 30



Akeemi part 30 - The End of a Journey


When the world stopped spinning, I found myself standing in the Time Wound.  The roaring in my ears, the sound of dragons. I stood there listening to the babble of multiple dragons all proclaiming that Alduin was dead.... something about me and my Thu'um... and that they were free.

I figured standing there looking confident was about the best thing I could do at that time. I did not wish to appear weak before the assembled dragons.  In reality, I was shaking both inside and out.  I was glad Adrienne had put a heavy silk lining in this armor, otherwise, my teeth would also have been chattering. I started thinking about the meaning of fire, concentrating on the warmth part, it did seem to help.

As more and more dragons left, I went to speak to Paarthurnax.  He congratulated me on my victory over Alduin, though he was saddened by his brother's death, Akatosh's first son.  I did not tell him that I thought Alduin was not truly gone, just perhaps any physical form he might take, for the time being anyway.  A soul did not just cease to exist, definitely not one as strong as Alduins. He flew off after saying that he was going to see if he could convert other dragons to The Way of the Voice.  I wished him luck in that endeavor,  but I didn't think many would join.

The next dragon to land near me was something of a surprise,  Odahviing.  He also congratulated me but did not seem overly sad at Alduin's demise.  He said he had thought about the gift of my knowledge and did not wish to accept it at this time, but would sometime in the future when things were more settled.   He also did not think too many would follow Paarthurnax's, "Tyranny in the Way of the Voice". I understood because I could not follow it either.

He surprised me when he offered to come to my aid, should I need him, if he heard of course. I thanked him and did ask one favor of him, simply spreading the word that I would not go dragon hunting unless my people were being attacked.  He said that was fair enough, though he thought there were those that would, just because they would not believe in the strength of my Thu'um. I shrugged my shoulders, that was no more than I had figured.

I looked around the mountain top, empty and quiet, the snow falling in large flakes, it would probably turn into a blizzard before long. I adjusted the pack and staff's on my shoulders and told my feet they might as well get to walking, not like I really could conjure up a horse. Well, maybe I could if I knew the proper spell. I was too tired to use my Thu'um to both clear the weather and move faster, so I went as fast as my legs would carry me.

  The Greybeards were waiting in the courtyard when I got there. Arengier congratulated me and asked what I was going to do now. I had to tell him that I wasn't sure, but I planned to head home and take a prolonged vacation if the dragons, war, vampires, and other such disasters would leave me alone for a while. I got a hug from each of them and I kissed Borri on the cheek, he seemed to have a good sense of humor.

I walked through the Temple and had almost made it out the door when I was grabbed from behind. Fear and rage were my first emotions, I was a fool for not paying attention.  In a split second, I had two spells ready, I cast a lighting cloak spell and a levitate spell that I had not used in...well ages. Only I didn't levitate myself but used it to throw the other person into the wall.

The male yell that I heard as I turn around and faced my "attacker" was from a very familiar voice. As he slid down the wall and the last of the lightning, dissipated from his armor, I ran over to him, with a healing spell all prepared.

"Damn it all woman, what in Oblivion are you trying to do?" He got no further in his tirade as I placed my hands on either side of his head, releasing the healing spell as my lips met his.

"I told you I would return, but I didn't expect you to be here. I would not have reacted so quickly if I had." I was half sitting half kneeling on his lap and my lips were not far from his. We were as firmly pressed together as two people in bulky armor can be. I did not want to let him go and yet I stood up and offered my hand to him. He took it and stood up.

"My Lady, I saw many dragons, including the one that you flew off on, flying to the Throat of the World, I heard them Ummm talking to each other. Even though I could not understand, I figured if they were coming here, then either you or Alduin would come out of that Time Wound thing."

"So I decided if they thought you might appear here, then here is where I needed to be. Only it was very cold up there and all of those dragons made me edgy. I told Nelthas and Aranea to stay at the house, just in case I was wrong." It made sense anyway and I was happy to see him.

"Well my Love, let's get going, I would like a bath and if I have to jump in the river to get the smell of musty old bones off of me, then that is what I am going to do. You did bring the horses right?"

He chuckled and said that yes he had. "How long do you have?" I turned and smiled at him.

"Til I die, old and grey hopefully." His eyes said that he thought I was only telling him what he wanted to hear.  "No, my Love, I am being serious. T'sun as much as said that I had a task yet to do, but that I would be welcome in Shor's Hall upon my honorable death...or words to that effect anyway. Don't you see? If I was to go to another time and be another person, I might not have a way to earn my way into Shor's Hall, just because I am Dragonborn here, does not mean I will be there. Do you see?"



A Warrior in Ancient armor stood at the bend in the road, watching the two ride into Iverstead. A huge black hound trotted up beside him. 

"Can you see what happens to her next?"

The Black hound stood there no more, in his place a warrior appeared, his blue eye's slightly sad.

"No, I can not see, her destiny is now her own to make." The ancient warrior nodded and turned, disappearing into the shadows. T'sun stood there a moment longer, watching and listening till he could no longer see the pale gleam of her hair in the late evening sun or hear the music of her laughter.

" I will miss you too my friend, live long and be happy." With that he turned and walked into the shadows, returning to his post.

    ~~~~~~~~                                                 Finis                                           ~~~~~~~~

This is the last of Akeemi's story, as with many of my Fan Fiction stories it is a 'write as I go in a challenge' story. This challenge was Dead is Dead, the character dies and they are done, following the  Skyrim main quest. In this particular challenge, we were allowed to 'resurrect' at specific points if we died. All of Akeemi's resurrections are reflected in this story, except one. Technically the challenge was over before I got to part 29, so I didn't write in her death in Skuldafn.

I hope you enjoyed Akeemi's story.


No comments:

Post a Comment